Welcome to the Silverdome

Welcome to the Silverdome. A place where one man looks at the wonderful and intricate world of Professional Wrestling.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Changes to The Silverdome

The only constant in this world is change.  With all that has happened so far this summer with me, it is time to make a few changes to the blog.  Sadly it will not be a cosmetic change as I am not the greatest of artists.  It will be a change in the content (both the amount and types of articles) you will be seeing on this blog.

First and foremost, I need to let you guys and gals know that I am now a guest writer for tribalwrestling.com.  I provide one exclusive article a week for their website.  That article is my weekly Silver Wrestling Report.  So I am not rushing to write three articles a week (two for the blog and one for Tribal Wrestling), I am cutting down the amount of blog posts from two to one post every Saturday except for weeks leading up to a WWE or TNA Pay-Per View.  Those weeks I will be posting two blogs, a preview and the regular Silverdome Match of the Week post.  If I feel up to it, I will post an extra blog every once and awhile. 

Now if you are thinking to yourself, “He did not mention anything about reviews.”  That leads me to the next thing I would like to talk about.  I am cutting out reviews of all upcoming WWE and TNA PPVs.  The reason is that I have decided that I will no longer be watching illegal streams of these shows.  This is a morally ambiguous subject amongst many hardcore wrestling fans including myself.  Everybody has their own opinion and I am not here to change it or justify it.  I now believe that it is wrong to watch a PPV for free no matter the quality of the product or the price.  In a ways, streaming is like stealing and even if it is not noticeable, it does hurt the companies that provide said product.  I am not going to go into this huge topic as it is not my purpose.  I am just going to back to what I did before.  Read reviews and watch highlights of the PPVs in order to make my decision on what PPVs I will buy on DVD.  I am not completely cutting out reviews, they just will not be as frequent as they use to.  I have tons of old wrestling PPVs from WWE, TNA and ROH that I can review, so expect more of those.

Well I hope everybody who reads this blog understands my reasons for these changes.  It is not that I am afraid of anything that will come of streaming wrestling PPVs; it is just the right thing to do.  In no way do I recommend that anybody illegally stream or download PPVs, TV shows, movies, video games or other media.  Wrestling means a lot to me, so giving up watching every PPV will be hard.  I just do not want to hurt the industry I love by only taking and not giving back.  Enough of my drawn-out explanations, the Silverdome Match of the Week will be up later today and the Silver Wrestling Report will be up on tribalwrestling.com by the end of the weekend.  Make sure you come back to check those articles out.

No comments:

Post a Comment