Welcome to the Silverdome

Welcome to the Silverdome. A place where one man looks at the wonderful and intricate world of Professional Wrestling.

Sunday, June 16, 2019

The Last Report?

Over the past month, I've been doing a lot of thinking about this blog.

Like I mentioned before, I restarted The Silver Report as an outlet for my writing. I wasn't getting much of a chance to write in my job, so I thought it'd be best to do some on my own. While my intentions were more for self-improvement, I enjoy writing, especially writing about topics that I have a passion for, such as professional wrestling.

But ever since WrestleMania (maybe even slightly before it), I've found that The Silver Report was feeling more and more like a job instead of a creative outlet. And I didn't want that to happen. I wanted it to be a place for me to experiment with my writing and to have fun — not feel like I'm still on the clock.

Add in the fact that my list of wrestling to watch is growing at a rapid rate, one man just doesn't have enough time to watch all that wrestling along with work, a social life, and other hobbies. It was hard enough to watch all of the New Japan tournaments in 2018, but they seem to be getting longer each year. For example, this year's Best of the Super Juniors tournament had a good 30 matches more than last year.

Plus, the horrid post-WrestleMania output from WWE's main roster has me completely rethinking how I follow the main roster while keeping my sanity. I think only watching the PPVs and catching the highlights fo Raw and Smackdown from podcasts and YouTube clips might be the best.

So, what does this all mean?

Well, I'm going to take a hiatus from writing here on The Silverdome. I don't know how long it will be. In the meantime, I'm thinking of ideas to retool the writing style of this blog to provide as much content without working me to the bone.

With that said, I would like to thank everybody who has read The Silver Report, clicked on my social media posts about it, and shared in this passion with me. I hope it brought you some enjoyment and helped broaden your view of professional wrestling.

Must-See Matches of May

Before I end this, I wasn't going to skip out on a Must-See Matches for May. Considering I'm about halfway through the Super Juniors, I'll update the article with any other must-see matches from the tournament.

5/4/2019
Wrestling Dontaku Night 2
Evil vs. Tomohiro Ishii

5/8/2019
NXT
Adam Cole vs. Matt Riddle

5/13/2019
Best of the Super Jr. 26 Night 1
Shingo Takagi vs. Sho

5/15/2019
Best of the Super Jr. Night 3
Dragon Lee vs. Sho

5/16/2019
Best of the Super Jr. Night 4
Will Ospreay vs. Rocky Romero

5/19/2019
Money in the Bank
AJ Styles vs. Seth Rollins

5/23/2019
Best of the Super Jr. Night 8
Will Ospreay vs. Bandido
Dragon Lee vs. Shingo Takagi

5/25/2019
Double or Nothing
Lucha Bros vs. Young Bucks
Kenny Omega vs. Chris Jericho

No comments:

Post a Comment